Welcome to my personal CPD blog! This is where I am going to post notes, comments, thoughts, ideas, etc about the CPD that I have been doing. I will also post reflections on how I have used my CPD in my teaching practice or have witnessed it being used by others.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Tasks Galore: Book Notes: Fine Motor Skills

Tasks Galore Book Notes
Laurie Eckenrode, Pat Fennell, Kathy Hearsey.  (C) 2003. USA.  ISBN: 978-1-934226-00-1

Page 8:
Fine Motor - Concepts to Think About:
  • Reach, Grasp, Release
  • Manipulation
  • Bilateral Skills
  • Pre-writing and Writing
  • Computer Skills
It asks teachers to "Record Your Own Task Ideas Here" and provides space.  If I come up with my own ideas, I will post comments to this post.

Page 9:  Fine Motor - Put In
Includes activities, such as:
  • Pull from Velcro and insert into bottle
  • Pull and insert into cutout
  • Push into slotted opening
  • Drop chips into water
  • Push through opening with pointer finger
  • Lift from dowel and place into slot
Page 10:  Fine Motor - Assembly
Includes activities, such as:
  • Slide beads off pipe cleaner
  • Bead stringing sequence
  • Interlocking people
  • Coloured link assembly
  • Tinker Toy assembly
  • Match cassette and case
Page 11:  
  • Two-piece nut and bolt
  • Three-piece nut and bolt
  • Plastic pipe assembly
  • Snap hair rollers
  • Flashlight assembly
  • Put toothbrush into holder
Page 12:  Fine Motor - Writing
Includes activities, such as:
  • Colour within boundary
  • Trace highlighted word
  • Trace colour-dotted words
  • Lift for wrist support
  • Copy words from dictionary
  • Type from list
Page 13:  Fine Motor - Other
Includes activities, such as:
  • Thread into cut out
  • Pincer grasp
  • Put into slot using wrist rotation
  • Hammer into slot
  • Pick up and place with tongs
  • Lift rings from dowel and place into box

No comments:

Post a Comment