Welcome to my personal CPD blog! This is where I am going to post notes, comments, thoughts, ideas, etc about the CPD that I have been doing. I will also post reflections on how I have used my CPD in my teaching practice or have witnessed it being used by others.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Tasks Galore: Book Notes: Readiness Skills

Tasks Galore Book Notes
Laurie Eckenrode, Pat Fennell, Kathy Hearsey.  (C) 2003. USA.  ISBN: 978-1-934226-00-1

Page 14:
Readiness- Concepts to Think About:
  • Matching Skills
  • Sorting Skills
It asks teachers to "Record Your Own Task Ideas Here" and provides space.  If I come up with my own ideas, I will post comments to this post.

Page 15:  Readiness - Colour Concepts
Includes activities, such as:
  • Simple colour sort
  • Match coloured beads to pipe cleaners
  • Match coloured clothespins to paper
  • Coloured button sort
  • Match coloured paper to large clips
  • Sort coloured clothing 
Page 16:
  • Place foam shapes onto coloured pegs
  • Colour sort onto dowels
  • Colour sort into cutouts
  • Sort and stack by colour
  • Sort coloured Duplos
  • Colour sort dowels
Page 17:
  • Sort coloured floppy disks
  • Self-contained coloured cassette sort
  • Sort coloured fuzzies
  • Gingerbread man sort
  • Match erasers and papers with coloured pegs
  • Match by bowtie colour
Page 18:
  • Colour sort into soap containers
  • Package coloured fish
  • Package coloured chips

No comments:

Post a Comment